Windriddle Palaces, Planechase 2012 without text.
With text
The first roughs I did. I switched gears once I got a better feeling of what I wanted to do.
I used custom shapes heavily to get the rough palace shapes.
The color was too similar to a existing plane, so a suggestion lead to making the palaces out of a golden wood.

This is one of the first card art I've done for Planechase 2012 set. Windriddle Palaces was really fun to work on, not only for the larger format, but because I had free reign to do anything I thought would be awesome. Took the time to try something a little different. The saturated sky with pinks and purples was something I haven't featured before. Making random shapes and seeing how I was going to fit them together was fun. Anyway hope you guys enjoy it, more on the way.

4 comments:

Stryke (the Aerozopher) says:
at: June 9, 2012 at 3:44 PM said...

love this one.. great design and feel

Wladimir Matos Reyes says:
at: June 9, 2012 at 3:51 PM said...

I really like the colors and the structures, great work man!

Unknown says:
at: May 22, 2016 at 3:31 AM said...

Hello, I have browsed most of your posts. This post is probably where I got the most useful information for my research. Thanks for posting, maybe we can see more on this. Are you aware of any other websites on this subject.
friv 400 game | juegos kizi 20

Unknown says:
at: May 30, 2016 at 3:12 AM said...

Thank you for another fantastic posting. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such a perfect way of writing? I have a speech next week, and I was looking for more info.
google sites unblocked games